Here’s what they need to think about:
1. Demand is the new game-changer. You can’t win through great supply chain management alone.
2. Establishing an apparatus on the demand side of the business that is similar in organization, sophistication and power to the traditional supply chain.
3. Developing a clear Mental Model, or Thesis for Winning, that can be expressed in simple words to the entire corporation.
4. Building a Mental Model, or Thesis for Winning that is supported, endorsed and believed in by the people inside the company. And they need to know their role in making success.
5. Ensuring that innovation permeates throughout the whole company. Adding the Fifth “P” – precision – to analyzing demand is no longer something that is nice to have, but essential.